Hi there! It’s been eleven weeks into GSoC . The module for solving beam bending problems is almost ready. Now, I am focusing fully on example documentation part because it’s very important to let others know what can be done.
Let us see the capabilities:-
- Can create a beam object of certain length, second moment of area and modulus of elasticity. A symbol can also be passed for further uses.
- Can apply loads using its value, start, end and order.
- Can set boundary conditions for the beam.
- Can find the load distribution function.
- Can find the shear force function.
- Can find the bending moment function.
- Can find the slope function.
- Can find the deflection function.
- Can represent each of those function in the Piecewise form.
- Can perform all sorts of mathematical operations on these functions.
A full fledged documentation of tutorial and example for this module is on its way.
- To complete documenting examples and tutorials.
- Get PR 11374 merged.
That’s all for now, looking forward for week 12.