Hello, guys. Welcome back. It’s been eight weeks into the coding period and this week I enjoyed a lot while working. I learned to build a list without using a loop, in case, it can be done more concisely with a list comprehension such as:
Instead of doing :
In [ ]: b =  In [ ]: for x in a: b.append(10 * x) ....:
we can do :
In [ ]: b = [10 * x for x in a]
I came to know about stuff , like using zip for transposing a matrix and dividing a list into groups of n . This week I had my weekly meeting with Jason and Sartaj on 13th of this month. They were in Austin, Texas attending Scipy 2016, the 15th annual Scientific Computing with Python conference.
- PR 11178 and PR 11237 got merged. So, now the master branch is updated with a module of singularity functions which can handle almost all the mathematical operations.
- I have used the Singularity Functions to continue developing the beam bending module at PR 11374. I have added the following methods:
- load_as_SingularityFunction : This is a private method which represents a PointLoad and DistributedLoad object into a Singularity Function object and stores in the load beam object attribute.
- load_distribution : This is a public method which outputs a load distribution curve of a beam.
- shear_force : This is also a public method. It at first checks whether the moment list in boundary conditions dictionary have elements. If it has then it call the bending_moment method and then differentiate the output w.r.t to the free symbol else it just integrates the output of load_distribution method.
- bending_moment : The initial part of this method is similar to the method shear_force. If the test passes then it integrates the load_distibution twice using contants of integrations and later the contants are solved else it just integrates the output of shear_force method.
- slope : It outputs the slope of a beam by solving the constants.
- deflection : It outputs the elastic curve of the beam.
- Modify the Beam Module.
- Add Sphinx documentations.
That’s all for this week. Cheers !!